Change Your Mind by Following These 6 Steps
It’s our mind’s job to keep us safe by planning and protecting, therefore, 80% of our thoughts are negative. We get stuck in anxiety by going down the rabbit hole of dark thoughts, and sometimes we feel like we’ll never get out of those looping thoughts. The quality of our life can be impacted, and even the quality of our sleep. In order to shift your thoughts and change the polarity of your mind, you’ve got to train it, just like one would train the muscles in their body.
It’s like high-intensity interval training for your mind.
In order to shift your mental state from what you don’t want to what you DO want, follow these 6 steps.
- Accept your current situation. It is happening. If you resist, you polarize with what you don’t want.
- Ask yourself what you want instead. This mental search is an important step!
- Consider steps you might take towards a solution. (The possibilities are limitless. Just get the ball rolling).
- Rather than talking/thinking about the old experience, create a strong mental picture of what you want and continue to remind yourself.
*It’s an old habit to go to the past or the negative. AS SOON as you catch yourself – reinstall this NEW PICTURE!
- Add a dash of gratitude – for what you have and for what you’re moving towards too.
- TAKE ACTION – action steps are required to bridge your new mental construct into your life. What simple steps can you take right now?
By following these steps throughout your day and repeating them often, you WILL create a change in your mental state. New neural pathways are formed and will be strengthened and fortified every time you practice.